On November 30 , 1922 . The XXI National Assembly of Bulgaria approves with the Law “State Railway School” at the Ministry of Railways, Posts and Telegraphs. It also provides training in the following specialties: station and transport .
During the period 1928-1946 . The State Railway School is attached to the Ministry of War. In 1941, with retroactive effect for the previous graduates of the State Railway School, as well as for the graduates after 1941, the following was recognized:
– for the station specialty
– higher education.
– for the transport specialty
– secondary special education.
During the period 1946-1950 . The State Railway School is attached to the Ministry of Railways, Posts and Telegraphs ( CMD № 3 / 29.11.1945 ). It provides training in the following specialties:
– “Movement and trade” – admission with secondary education. Semi-higher education is recognized.
– “Train-transport” – Secondary special education is recognized.
During the period 1950-1958 . is the Secondary School of Transport ( Council of Ministers № 7 of 05.10.1949 ) and the “Transport Technical School” ( Council of Ministers № 942 of 10.08.1951 ). Training is provided in the specialty “Head of Traffic and Commercial Service”. Secondary technical education is recognized. During the period 1958 – 1962 . is a Semi – Higher Institute – Civil Educational Institution at the Ministry of Transport ( Council of Ministers № 76 / dated 13.05.1958 ). Training is provided in the specialty “Operation of railway transport”, semi-higher education is recognized, the training period is 3 years for:
– heads of traffic and commercial service;
– Chief of Train.
During the period 1962-1984 it was the Semi – Higher Railway Institute (PI) – a military educational institution at the Ministry of Transport ( Order № 267 / 31.07.1962 of the Ministers of Transport and Defense). By decree № 671 / 22.09.1967 . PJI accepts the name of Todor Kableshkov as its patron. Training in the specialty “Operation of railway transport” is carried out, semi-higher education is recognized, the term of training is 3 years.
By Decree № 1562 / 05.21.1984 on the hall “T. Kableshkov ”is transformed into the Higher Military Transport School“ T. Kableshkov ”(VVTU) and is with the Ministry of Transport until 2000.
By Order № RD-0969 / 04.12.1984 . of the Ministry of Transport and the Minister of Education, the specialty “Technology and Organization of Railway Transport” (TOWT) in VMEI Sofia is closed, and the department of the same name, its research and teaching staff, its research laboratories (ONIL and PNIL) and their material part are transferred to VVTU “T. Kableshkov ”. Training in the specialty “Technology and organization of railway transport” (TOWT) in advanced and semi-advanced courses.
The experience gained in transport science at the Department of Technology, Organization and Management of Transport (TOUT) is a consequence of many years of work in the field of professional 5.5 Transport, Shipping and Aviation:
– The Department of Technology, Organization and Management of Transport is an independent structural unit, which was part of two universities – VMEI “V. I. Lenin ”(later renamed the Technical University – Sofia) and Todor Kableshkov University (later renamed Todor Kableshkov University as a military, and Todor Kableshkov University now as a civilian university). This fact can be seen from Order № RD-09-1169 of the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Transport in connection with the implementation of the Council of Ministers №23 of 26.05.1984 to resolve some issues of the Higher People’s Military Transport School “Todor Kableshkov ”, in view of its development as a center for training of specialists with higher education and raising the qualification of the managerial staff in the field of railway transport and on the grounds of art. 4, item 4 of the Regulations for application of the Health Insurance Act. A number of actions are envisaged for the transfer of the Department of Technology and Organization of Railway Transport (now TOUT) from VMEI “Lenin” (now Technical University – Sofia) to VNVTU “Todor Kableshkov” (now VTU “Todor Kableshkov”).
– The TOUT department is the legal successor of the TOT department with all assets and liabilities, research and teaching staff, teaching and research laboratories, as well as the entire material and technical base.
The TOUT Department maintains its existence even after the transformation of Todor Kableshkov VVTU from a military to a civilian one named Todor Kableshkov VTU with all assets and liabilities, research and teaching staff, teaching and research laboratories and the entire material and technical base.
With CMD № 191 of 1997 (SG No. 24 / 07.05.1997 ) a new State Register of Specialties enters into force. In VVTU “T. Kableshkov ”the Faculty of Transport Technology and Management was established. By decision of the Academic Council of the VVTU (Minutes № 20 / 21.05.1997 ) from the academic year 1 997/1998 . A specialty with code 8.16.2 “Transport Technology and Management” (HTC) was opened for the “Specialist” qualification, the “Bachelor” qualification and the “Master” qualification, in accordance with the State Register of Specialties.
Since 2000 the school has been demilitarized and VTU “Todor Kableshkov” is under the Ministry of Education and Science. With CMD № 113 of 23.06.2000 the name of the faculty was changed to “Engineering, Technology and Transport Management” (TTUT).
Today the department conducts training in almost all specialties, being directly responsible for three bachelor’s programs: “Technology and Transport Management“, “Industrial Management“, “Security and Safety in Transport” and three master’s programs: “Technology and Transport Management“. “Transport Management and Logistics“, “Project Management“. Its members are creators and lecturers in the master’s program “Network and Information Security” at the Department of Mathematics and Informatics.